The idea behind !Change It came about due to the frustration experienced by normal people trying to influence the decisions that affect their everyday lives. In an effort to change this we set up a social company called Democratise, with the goal of using the internet to bring people and their communities closer both to each other and to the institutions and representatives that govern our country.
!Change It allows local communities, as well as the country as a whole, to identify and prioritise the issues that matter most.
By enabling and encouraging online community engagement, !Change It allows MPs to better understand their constituents, and allows your voices to be heard. !Change It lets you speak up, and challenges your representatives to respond directly to your ideas.
Our founding principles:
- To empower individuals and groups of people whose viewpoint has been marginalised from a decision making process, where their quality of life is affected by the outcome of the decision.
- To facilitate people's democratic involvement in decision making.
- To promote democratic reform and individual / group empowerment across and throughout communities, regions, nations and legally recognised organisations.
- To create forums that enable individuals to express and discuss issues, then collectively take decisions.
- To encourage power structures / decision makers to align their decisions with the collectively expressed views of those affected by the decision.
- To encourage power structures / decision makers to routinely scope the opinions of those affected by their decisions, and then to ensure that decisions are informed by the views of those affected by the decisions.