!Change support map
Concern: Motorists trying to cross the causeway during times when it is not safe to cross. Drivers have become stranded a remarkable 15 times so far in 2011, and almost 180 times since 2000.
Solution: Traffic Lights monitored by ANPR camera. £1000 fine for attempting to cross at 'unsafe' times. LED sign giving next safe crossing time or saying 'safe to cross' when crossing open.
Total support: 25 Total opposition: 8
Top constituency support
- City of Durham - 5 supporters
- Berwick-upon-Tweed - 4 supporters
- Blyth Valley - 3 supporters
- Blaydon - 2 supporters
- Ribble Valley - 1 supporter
- Neath - 1 supporter
- Gateshead - 1 supporter
- Newcastle upon Tyne Central - 1 supporter
- South Northamptonshire - 1 supporter
- Workington - 1 supporter